Happy Monday! I’ve got some crafty stuff on my list for the week. Hopefully I’ll get a few of them done!
- I’ve been working on my setting up my craft space. Today I wrestled a double mattress and box spring down the stairs. No one died, but I scared the crap out of my little dog. He’s forgiven me now.
- I really need to make a dress form. This one will have to wait for an evening when my hubby is home. I’m having funny visions of getting myself so bound in duct tape that I’ll be stuck and my hubby will find me on the floor when he gets home. I’ll be using the Create a Custom Dress Form from Threads Magazine.
- I have several scarves needing to be upcycled, i was thinking of Salty*Mom’s DIY Poncho or perhaps a Kimono-style top like the one at Tatertots and Jello, it’s by Melissa of the Polka Dot Chair blog.
- Spring is here, and I could use a few new dresses. I definitely want to make a 4-panel dress this week,
- I have some vintage fabric that needs to be made into a skirt or three.Here’s my skirt, what do you think?
I’m sure there are a few more things I’d like to do that I can’t think of right now. It will come to me latter.
Time to get busy!
We’ve spent 2 years in our little house now, but a busy work schedule, and an adult child who keeps moving home, has kept me from getting our work space sorted out. FINALLY I’m taking the plunge and I’m going to start working on it! The entire upstairs will be dedicated to our work room. The area has some inherent problems. One of the rooms has no outlets, the largest room has one outlet and the third room has two outlets. There are plenty of windows, but no doors and no ducting in the room so it’s really hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
Our space will have many uses, we’ll have the music room, for my hubby to go and hide in, and a room for for yarn and books (I’ve got lots of yarn and books). In my defense, the yarn room is the size of a closet with sloped ceilings, it’s really unusable for anything requiring standing up. The big room will be primarily my sewing space, but we’ll also have it set up for use as our YouTube studio, with the gaming PC. Or current challenge in this room is the bed currently in the room. although it’s only a double, we can’t get the box spring down the stairs. I’ll have to disassemble it, which involves tools and will make a mess.
The music room is also cursed with slanted ceilings, and storage will be an issue. Lots of guitars, kept in cases, currently litter the space. I’ll be making some kind of stand or shelving to clear up some some space and make the room a little more tidy. Also, we’ll be putting a futon in the room, so hubby has somewhere to sit and play.
I’ve started uploading some of my many past projects. Although most have been either sold or donated I do have patterns for all of them, and while all styles can be replicated, some materials may no longer be available. Please contact me if you are interested in a Purple Robot to call your own.